Visitor regulations of russian banya
Russian banya – is a unique procedure. None of the healing experiences combine so many effects of water, heat and cold. Together they have the most powerful healing effect. The steam bath is great for the strengthening and healing of the body. If you want to have the best beneficial effect on the body, it is advisable to consult it with your doctor, know about contraindications and follow some rules.
- If you come to a steam bath, do not rush. Let yourself relax first, make it a pleasant stay.
- Before you visit the steam bath, you should first give yourself a hygienic shower (water temperature – 35-37 degrees, duration 2-3 minutes) that will not only prepare the skin and the vascular system, but also the entire body for high temperature.
- The optimal air temperature in the steam bath should be 60-70 degrees and the humidity 50-60 percent. In the case of insufficient humidity, it can be increased by adding water on the stones on stove, for example by birch twigs.
- Then you can use the birch twigs after in second round in Sauna.
- Birch twigs eliminate phytoncides and essential oils contained in the leaves improve the metabolic processes of the skin, increase its elasticity and prevent premature aging.
- In sauna, it is better to be in the lying position. It reduces the burden on the cardiovascular system, support a deeper relaxation of the nervous system and muscles, the connective tissue of the joint and the overall body.
- You need to sit on a towel. It reduces the feeling of warmth on the skin, absorbing the sweat, which is intensely excreted at high air temperature. In the lying position you have to rotate regularly.
- To protect your hair from drying out, you can wear a sauna hat on your head or wrap a towel around your head like a turban, but it should not tighten the head too much.
- The duration of the first visit shouldn’t exceed 3-5 minutes. After the first round, rest for 10-15 minutes. During your rest you can drink water, tea or juice.
- During the next rounds, the time may be extended by 10 minutes. If you feel good, you can climb on a higher bench where the temperature is 8-12 degrees higher.
- Once you have left the sauna, you need to have a cold shower (1.5-2 minutes), or spill the bucket over yourself, immerse yourself in a bath barrel or go out on fresh air.
- Novices, seniors, children and those who do not feel too healthy should be in the “comfort” zone – on the lower bench where the air temperature is not that high.
- The duration of the rest before leaving the sauna is determined individually, on average, it is at least half an hour. During this time, the body will rest, all the systems will start function normally.
THE UTTER CONTRAINDICATIONS OF THE VISIT OF THE STEAM BATH AND INFRA-SAUNA:
- Skin or fungal diseases
- During the aggravation of chronic disease of any body system
- Acute diseases of an infectious or other nature
- Vascular atherosclerosis with damage to various body systems and organs
- Active tuberculosis
- Conjunctivitis, skin infectious diseases
- Malignant neoplasms
- Susceptibility to bleeding, thrombosis, embolism
- Severe metabolic disorders in diabetes, cachexia, hyperthyroidism
- Psychoses and psychopathies
- With open wounds, bandage (with patch), etc.
- Susceptibility to allergic reactions
- Under the influence of alcohol, drugs or psychotropic substances
- Visitors who violate these rules are fully responsible for damage to their health, the health of other visitors, and the material costs involved.
If you follow the rules of sauna, you will have a pleasant feeling of freshness and liveliness. Regular visits of sauna will not only give you some health benefits but also a lot of positive emotions.